Diagnostic Ultrasounds are available for:
- General abdominal: Includes assessment of the aorta biliary tract; gallbladder; inferior vena cava; kidneys; liver; pancreas; retroperitoneum and spleen
- Gynaecology: including transabdominal and transvaginal
- Renal / bladder / prostate
- Scrotal / testicular
Benefits of using Beacon Ultrasound services
- Consultant led services allow us to use our experience and knowledge of the commissioners' arena to provide services of the highest quality, in line with GP requirements.
- All patients are offered an appointment within 5 working days (usually 2 days) between Monday and Saturday, at a clinic in close proximity to their home.
- Urgent referrals are accommodated within 48 hours.
- Ultrasound reports are dispatched within 1 working day via email, followed by a fax copy.
- Simple referral process (soon to be moving to EMIS Web, further simplifying the referral and reporting processes).
- Multiple mobile clinics across Greater Manchester. Can provide additional clinics at short notice in any area.
- Tariff based payment therefore no additional cost to the GP practice.
Currently running clinics in Greater Manchester (Manchester, Tameside, Oldham, HMR, Salford) & East Midlands ( Nottingham & Mansfield)